Beckley Creek Park is one of the most traditional, formally designed parks in the system – the topography in this area lends itself well to wide open lawns, perfect for event lawns and sports activities.
Construction began on May 31, 2011. The Marshall Playground and Sprayground and William F. Miles Lakes are currently open to the public. The first section of the Louisville Loop and the Coppiced Woods Trail will open on November 10, 2012. The Egg Lawn and Barklands of Beckley Creek Park will open once the grass is well rooted (planned for fall 2013). The Humana Grand Allee and Distillery Bend are scheduled to open in late 2013.
Characteristics and Amenities
- 22-acre Signature Egg Lawn
- Gheens Foundation Lodge (opening in Feb. 2013)
- PNC Achievement Center for Education and Interpretation (opening in Feb.2013)
- Picnic Pavilions
- Canoe Launches and Landings (N. Beckley and Creekside Paddling Access now open)
- Fishing Ponds
- Extensive Trail System
- Legacy Commons and The Promenade
- Marshall Playground and Sprayground
- The Barklands of Beckley Creek Park (opening fall 2013)
- Community Gardens (closed for season)
- Event Lawns
- Sports Fields
Click Here to download a map of Beckley Creek Park.