Rainy Day Blog
Six Things To Do on a Rainy Spring Day
Spring is filled with rainy days! And while it may be easy to just cuddle up inside and turn on your favorite TV show, there are many ways to take advantage of a little precipitation! Whether you are a grown adult or taking care of kiddos, here’s a list of activities to take advantage of a rainy spring day!
1) Go on a worm hunt! Rainy spring days often bring even the longest, slimiest worms out to your sidewalks! We adults may get the heebie-jeebies from worms, but kids love ‘em! Spend some time looking at all the different shapes and sizes of earth worms!
2) Become a snail rescuer! On rainy days and moist mornings, snails often venture out onto the pavement. Save these snails from peril by picking them up and putting them in the grass! Just remember to place them in the general direction they were moving.
3) Jump in puddles! Strap on your best waterproof boots and go at it! It is a great stress-reliever, and honestly, nothing is better than making a big ol’ splash.
4) Meditate. Find a room in your house when you can hear the pitter-patter of raindrops and just sit quietly. Rain sounds can really help create calm and zen in these stressful times.
5) Bird watch. All the worms mean a feeding frenzy for birds. Pull a chair up to a window and watch the birds that arrive!
6) And, if all else fails, cue up some nature videos on your tv. You may not care for being outside on a rainy day, but that doesn’t mean you have to miss out. Pull up a great nature documentary and get your outdoor fix from a comfy couch!