As of November 2012, The Parklands has opened brand new hiking and biking trails in Beckley Creek Park. A map of the park and it’s trails is available here and at the William F. Miles Trailhead at the park’s northern entrance.
Open trails include:
- 2 miles of the Louisville Loop, a 1o-12 ft., paved multiuse trail for nonmotorized recreation. The open portion extends from the William F. Miles Trailhead, along Floyds Fork to the Egg Lawn and ends at Thornton Bridge, which is currently closed for construction of the Humana Grand Allee
- 1.87 mile Coppiced Woods Trail, a soft-surface trail through the woods surrounding William F. Miles Lakes.
- Fisherman’s trail surrounding William F. Miles Lakes and leading to the Lake Overlook picnic pavilion
- 0.4 mile Sycamore Trail, a soft-surface trail between the Egg Lawn and Floyds Fork. Take as an off-shoot of the Louisville Loop to a Gravel Bar Overlook view of the stream
- 0.7 mile Egg Lawn Signature Trail, a paved trail encircling the 22-acre Egg Lawn