Join us Saturday, November 10, 2012 for the official opening of North Beckley Creek Park! We’ll be cutting the ribbon on our first section of the Louisville Loop and leading hikes on the Coppiced Woods trail, a 1.87 mile hike/bike trail through the forest surrounding William F. Miles Lakes.
A ribbon cutting ceremony will begin at 10 a.m., followed by a short family bike ride on the 2 mile section of The Louisville Loop. Other activities include:
- Hikes led by naturalist Michael Gaige and by The Parklands staff
- Paddling demonstrations on Floyds Fork (bring your own kayak or canoe)
- Fishing in William F. Miles Lakes (fishing license required)
- Fly fishing and fly casting demonstrations by Derby City Fly Fishers
- Light food/refreshments from our partners
- Trolley Tours of Beckley Creek Park
All activities will take place in Beckley Creek Park, near William F. Miles Lakes, off Shelbyville Road. This event is FREE and open to the public, so grab your bicycle, hiking boots, canoe or kayak and join us for this very special Parklands celebration. Event is rain or shine.
Call 502.584.0350 with questions. Equipment will not be provided, so please bring your own bicycle/helmet, paddling and fishing equipment in order to participate. Parking will be limited, so please carpool!
Thank you to our sponsors and partners: